Chicken Tikka Recipe
Whether you are from Pakistan (from where this yummy dish originated) or from any other part of the world, this is going to be the best serving of your life. It is specifically known as the “King of dishes” it is a MUST in sub-continental parties and events.
With fragranced chicken pieces dipped in a remarkable spicy curry sauce topped with green mint chutney and salad, this is your dream dish. You can serve it with rice or warm roti (traditional warm pita bread .
1) 1 whole chicken cut into thigh pieces
2) 1 tablespoon Black pepper powder
3) 2 tablespoon oil
4) 3 pinches of orange food color
5 ) 2 tablespoon vinegar
6 ) 1 tablespoon Garlic ginger paste
7) Half teaspoon Cumin powder( this one is really important if you want that dream Tikka
8) 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
9) Half teaspoon of Garam masala( it is easily found in the sub-continent, and is known as all spice powder in the West)
10) 1 tablespoon Garlic Ginger Paste
11) Quarter teaspoon Turmeric Powder
12) 2 teaspoon Red chili powder ( for that spiciness that you crave. If you like more spiciness, you can add it more as per your wants.
13) 5 teaspoons of salt
1) Put horizontal cuts on to the chicken pieces so the yummy marinate can go completely in.
2) The remaining ingredients should be mixed in a bowl.
3) Rub the marinade on the chicken pieces, not even leaving a single portion left.
4) Cover it with a foil and refrigerate overnight.
5) 30 minutes before cooking, take it out
1) It is usually made on an outdoor BBQ grill called an angheeti in Urdu. Put coals in the angheeti and burn them for 10 minutes. Keep fanning them continuously.
2) Put the pieces on the angheeti and grill it until you see a crispy charred look. Keep brushing it with olive oil(or any oil) every 5 to 6 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes to get ready to be chomped on.
Follow these steps and in no time, you will get yourself a mouthwatering yummy Chicken Tikka, and I assure you, you will be licking your fingers and asking for more when you finish it.